Having just returned from Denver, I want to share a wrap-up of my trip to Colorado where I participated in the Great American Beer Festival (GABF) Media Luncheon & Briefing. The highlights included:
- Adam Dulye of the Brewers Association and CraftBeer.com served as Executive Chef for our four-course luncheon that paired incredible food with some delicious craft beverages.
- Numerous features came to discuss the industry, including Cyrena Nouzille of Ladyface Ale Companie, Eric Wallace of Left Hand Brewing Company, John Mallett of Bell’s Brewery Inc. and Rob Tod of Allagash Brewery.
- Jake Keeler, Board Member of GABF, noted the growth in homebrewers, which now has reached 1.2 million with 46,000 members in the Homebrewers Association.
- Many statistics were shared to help the media invitees better understand the state of the industry, including the significant growth in the U.S. craft beer making industry with over 4,000 breweries now in production.
- Also shared was the fact that the positive economic impact that the beer industry has on the country now totals $55.7 billion with 424,000 employed (115,000 directly employed).
- There was a chance to share with the media the types of news and story ideas that they could leverage to create content on our industry.
- The event closed with a mixer in which I got to meet others within the industry as well as engage with the media to encourage them to reach out and cover our industry.
Overall, it was a great experience not to mention all the great craft beer that they have brewing in the Denver area!